Friday, March 03, 2006

The Revolution will be televised ... on cable access

Latest news? I'm getting a show on WCG-TV, what I call southwestern Manitoba's cable access alternative. I call it that only because that seems to sound a bit bigger than "that station that has four shows on it."

Anyway, it will start airing in April, it will be once a month to start and then once every two weeks if things go smoothly. Right now I'm just in the formative stages of figuring out how I want to do it. Well, more accurately, figuring out what segments will fill an entire hour. Here are my criteria:

• No ideas ripped off from popular American sports talk shows. I leave that to TSN.

• An understandng that no one is coming to my show on cable access for cutting-edge news.

• Something creative and, because I myself am not creative, this is where input would be appreciated.

The only thing I've come up with for starters is the opening segment called "The Rant" which will be show-starting editorial that will segue into the main segment of the show, which the panel of guests will discuss.

The Kings of the Hill favourite "Make Your Own Interview" will also make an appearance once and awhile.

So if anyone has anything they think would be a unique concept to add to the show, please leave a comment. In the mean time, I'll just sit here in the corner banging my head against the wall. Hey, it's how I get ideas for my blogs after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly, I need to get some digital and/or satellite TV. I would suggest that old Kings of the Hill standard of the "All (blank) Team"; blank = criminal; steroid; flash-in-the-pan; ugly; promiscuous; etc... A ratings winner if ever there was one. Once your fan base builds up and surpasses the Kings peak of 5, perhaps some 'fan mail' section ("Dave answers your questions"). You may also consider a "face-off" section. You vs someone else on any range of topics. Just don't make it as loud as PTI nor a love-in a la Larry King.

Hmmmm. Intriguing. I always thought you had the face for radio.

WheatCitysFinest said...

Kudos Garasa, I knew you'd come through with something. If my fan base, as you call it, builds to larger than KOTH then I think I shall retire and become a recluse because, quite obviously, I will have hit the broadcasting zenith. There's nothing else for me to acheive at that point and, like southwestern Manitoba's Barry Sanders, I will step away at the peak.

The Hack said...

"Meaningless Game Of The Month"

Find a match-up in the NHL/CFL/MLB/whatever that has absolutely no bearing on the league's season whatsoever, but put two minutes into covering the major storyline of the game and why it was important to the players, teams and cities involved (even if it wasn't).

WheatCitysFinest said...

Don't mind that idea, at all either. However, if it's going to be focusing on meaningless, I will ruthlessly rip into any and all involved in the contest. Sarcasm will not be at a premium.